Recently, A new DNS(Domain Name Server) that been securely safe to use in network environment. The new IP that been introduce by Cloudflare recently is 18.104.22.168. Because of that, it will make the life of the user much more easily than before.
Matthew Prince, CEO and Co-founder of Cloudflare did told to VentureBeat that
“We’re committing to, and actually having a third party come in and audit the fact that we’re destroying all of the logs within 24 hours, we’re never writing any of the source IP addresses to disk, and that’s the only personal identifiable information that would be there.”
For those who are using the Windows Operating System, the user can like below:
- Firstly to the Windows Icon and click Control Panel.
- Inside Control Panel, go to Network and Internet and then click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Once done, the user need to choose the Network Connection that you are using.If you are using LAN, then click LAN Network Settings and if Wireless, go to Wi-Fi Network Settings.
- From there, the user need to click Properties and select the protocol that you are using. If the user are using Internet Protocol Version 4, then select Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Then click Properties and a prompt will appear where the user need to key-in the password of the computer to change the settings.
- After access granted, the user need to write down the DNS on the DNS column.
- The DNS addresses that need to key-in is such as 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
For those who using Linux, the user can setup the DNS using terminal like the step shown below:
- Firstly open terminal on the Linux
- When the terminal is already open, the user need to up the network by using the command ifup eth1* (notes: This is depends on the Linux’s user)
- Once the connection is up, the user need to type the command echo “nameserver 188.8.131.52” >> /etc/resolv.conf
- Then, the user need to type the command route add default gw 184.108.40.206 to route the connection to the 220.127.116.11
- Once completed, the user need to reboot the connection by doing ifdown eth1 and ifup eth1
As i was analyse the network connection using 18.104.22.168, the packets show the speed have been increased.
The tools that i’m using to analyse is WireShark
The website that i test is Google.com where the time that to upload is 0.010747000 second which is much faster compared to old DNS.
The other website that i test here is youtube.com where the speed to upload is 0.010237000 second. I did notice that youtube upload is much faster than google