In this post, i would like to share my review of the new Kali Linux 2021.1. It is the first release this year for Offensive Security.
For those that wanted to try the latest version, they can download over here
The screenshot above shows the release that i have used on the latest Kali Linux. Offensive Security has mentioned that the latest version has included some enhancements to existing tools and features.
What is new on Kali Linux 2021.1?
They have changed most of the default tools installed within the Operating System.
Those who want to upgrade from the existing Kali Linux 2020 to the latest version can be using the following command:
echo "deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list
$ sudo apt update && sudo apt -y full-upgrade
$ [ -f /var/run/reboot-required ] && sudo reboot -f
New Kali Tools installed!
In this new release, there are a bunch of new tools have been added to the network repositories. Those tools are listed as follows:
- Airgeddon – Audit wireless networks
- Arjun – HTTP parameter discovery suite
- Chisel – A fast TCP/UDP tunnel over HTTP
- DNSGen – Generates a combination of domain names from the provided input
- DumpsterDiver – Search secrets in various filetypes
- GetAllUrls – Fetch known URLs from AlienVault’s Open Threat Exchange, the Wayback Machine, and Common Crawl
- GitLeaks – Searches Git repo’s history for secrets and keys
- HTTProbe – Take a list of domains and probe for working HTTP and HTTPS servers
- MassDNS – A high-performance DNS stub resolver for bulk lookups and reconnaissance
- PSKracker – WPA/WPS toolkit for generating default keys/pins
- WordlistRaider – Preparing existing wordlists